Montag, 4. November 2013

September & October Favorites!

Can you believe it's November already!?
Time goes by so fast, I missed doing a "September Favorites" post xD Well, I decided to just put them both together ^o^

Okay then, let's get to it shall we.
Heeeeeeeeeere we go
1. Twinings Classics Lady Grey tea. Ah, I love this stuff. I've never been a fan of black tea, but the Lady Grey one is just REALLY delicious. Also, we don't have a coffeemaker, so to wake up a bit more in the morning I've been drinking black tea basically every day. I love it with milk and sugar <3
2. Teekanne "Cool Sensations" Ice tea bags. Yes, those are teabags to make with COLD water. I know this is weird, but since the tap water at my place has a bit of a weird taste to it I just can't drink it pure. Those tea bags helped me a lot to still get enough to drink without having to spend a lot of money on juices or stuff like that. If I put those into our water, it tastes just fine. Also, those don't have as many calories as juices or sodas would, so that's a huge plus =)
3. Okay, here we have this pink nail polish. Unfortunately, I took off the label and I can't for the live of me remember where I got it, but I know that the name of the color is "Karl says très chic", because I thought that was hilarious. These days I have been combining this with the Manhattan ProMat Topcoat, a matte topcoat, to get this rich, creamy berry color that is perfect for fall time. Unfortunately, the pink is not the greatest quality nail polish, so it chips off pretty easily and I have to reapply it a lot, but the beautiful color is worth it.
4. This is what I call my Instant Shower Kit, consisting of deodorant from Balea and wet wipes from ebelin. This is great because my Friday schedule sends me straight from ballet practice into a lecture at Uni, so no time for showering - YUCK! Thankfully, I bring my Instant Shower Kit with me every time, and I can do some damage control that only takes 5 minutes ;)
5. The Maybelline New York FIT me! Concealer in 15. Aaaaaaahhh! How long have I looked for a concealer in my skin tone that I can AFFORD! I look so healthy and awake now that I can properly cover up my dark circles xD These days I see even drug store make up brands trending towards pinkish foundation and concealers, which I literally couldn't find ANYWHERE (except Lancôme) two years ago. Huge hurray for that! Now us pinkfaced girls can buy cheaper products as well.
6. H&M's "Divine Eyeshadows" Palette. Oh. My God. You will not believe what awesome quality H&M make up products are. These eyeshadows are very highly pigmented and have a kind of creamy consistency that makes them easy to blend without losing any of the pigment. Now it has to be said that that is not true for ALL shadows in this palette, but just for the 6th one from the left, this shimmery bronzy color, that I use LITERALLY every day (seriously, not kidding), the 5 Euros or what it was that I spent on this palette were already worth it!
7. H&M blush "Autumn Flower". I told you. H&M. This blush is so so so beautiful; it has this little rose pattern and it has a great size and it also comes with a little brush (not a sponge), but I don't love that one so much. Also the color is this nice pop of red, that goes great with my hair, and it's so CRAZY pigmented, you have no idea. I have to be soooo careful not to put on too much, because it's just really red. This has become my new go-to blush, as opposed to the pinker tones I used in summer. Definitely recommend!
8. H&M Lipstick "Diva Bride". Are you kidding me? The name of the color alone is epic xD I have been experimenting with different lip colors since I changed my hair to red, to see what goes with it and what doesn't. You'd be surprised by how many lip colors work with dark pinkish red hair!
At the store this bright pink basically jumped at me and I thought "Can I pull this off?... I HAVE to try!!" And so I did. And I love it.
Now the H&M lipsticks are pretty awesome as well. Very well pigmented and they feel nice on the lips (I always wear lipbalm underneath every lipstick, just to make sure my lips are moisturized enough...), and I will definitely pick myself up some more colors next time I'm at H&M. But "Diva Bride" has a special place in my heart.
9. VICHY Laboratories Normaderm Hyaluspot on the spot anti-imperfection care. Okay, this should have been on my "Favorite beauty products EVER" list, seriously. But I was just starting to use it back then and I wasn't sure about it yet. Let me tell ya. This stuff has REVOLUTIONIZED my skincare. Now I have a horrible horrible picking habit, but the Hyaluspot really helped me with that. Even 5 minutes after applying it, pimples will feel less ...infected somehow. Here's how it works best: If you can tell you're gonna have a pimple, apply the stuff on that area twice a day. After you have slept on it once or twice, the whitehead will have appeared and you can safely squeeze it out. (I know you shouldn't even do that, but I'm a horrible picker and really it's better than mutilating my entire face by scratching it open when it's not ready yet). After that you just apply some healing cream on it and you should be almost rid of the whole thing the next day. At least that's how it works for me. Now it's not like I get fewer pimples since I use Hyaluspot, but it definitely reduces the life span of an average pimple to 3-5 days, instead of 1-2 weeks depending on how much I scratched it. This has really helped me with my skin, I love it, and I really recommend it.
10. Now last but ABSOLUTELY not least: My TOTORO Sweater!! My boyfriend got it for me for my birthday <3 Omg I love this thing. Not only does it have a little Totoro-face and -ears, but it's also SO warm and comfy, I never want to take it off ever again! 'Nuff Said. 

Other favorites of the last two months aaaare:
MUSIC
Okay, there's actually kind of more like a collection of favorite ALBUMS I had these days, but I'll try and pick my favorite songs from there.

- Flyleaf "New Horizons" Well I think I said enough about this album in my last post. Go check it out if you haven't already; my favorite song, obviously, is "New Horizons"



- Girls' Generation "Girls Generation", SNSD's first Japanese album is also the only one that I physically own (bought it at the K-Pop dance festival in June). This and "New Horizons" is all I've been listening to on my way to Uni and back home. This is just a good album. The end.
At first it was weird to hear some of the songs in Japanese instead of Korean, but I got used to it. Now if you see me on the bus and I'm jerking around weirdly, that's because a song like "Genie" or "Run Devil Run" just came up and I'm dancing along in my head xD
Uhm my favorite song... that's a hard one. I think it might be "The Great Escape", even though I basically like all of them equally.



- f(x) "Pink Tape", omg I need this CD. It is SO. good. I told you before, I love f(x), they're amazing singers, I want them to be as successful as SNSD!
Okay, my bf has been listening to a lot of electronic kind of music recently, so I kind of got into it as well, which is probably why I enjoy "Pink Tape" so much. Yes, there's some really electric stuff there ("Airplane"), but I kinda like it.
Fav song..s: "Pretty Girl" and "Goodbye Summer", those are just soooooooooooooo well sung, oh my, oh my! I can't handle it, I just... I can't.
Also "Snapshot", "Step" and "Toy". And everything. AAaaaaaahhh xD




Oh, also (Yes, more K-Pop), I've been loving "Baby Steps" by TTS. I haven't listened to any other TTS song except "Twinkle" before and I kinda just stumbled over Baby Steps but oooooooooooooooh my God. Oh. My. God. The feels. Cannot. I just. I'm so done.
*goes to stand in a corner to cry*
TaeTiSeo, why are you doing this to me? This song. They're such wonderful singers. And Taeyeon. Taeyeon just kills me every time with the "Somebody help me!" part.
Check them out singing this live. Oh my. Crying.


GAMES

Well, obviously, we picked up Pokemon X/Y right on the release day, what are we, casuals? Because I'm a girl I got X, and Blauko and Jan are guys, so they both got Y.
What can I say? I love it. It's POKEMON you guys. The only Pokemon game I ever didn't LOVE as much as the others was Black/White, but I still played that for months.
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? It's Pokemon. That's all.

Then there's always League of Legends of course, but the last month has indeed been special, because Jan and I finally started playing ranked games, and got right into Silver1 (victorious ward skin for me!).Also: Who else is PUMPED for preseason? YES. YES. YES to all the changes they are making; Supporter gold income, vision distribution, TEAM BUILDER? Hell yeah. Can't wait.

BOOK
Okay I don't even know if that counts as OCTOBER favorite still, because I only just read it the past weekend, but "The ocean at the end of the lane" by Neil Gaiman, my all time favorite author. His newest book, and I swallowed it up in a matter of 48 hours. It's so good. Creepy, scary, sad and sometimes kinda gross. Exactly what we want from Mr Gaiman.


Oh wow that was a lot of text xD That's it about my Sep/Oct favs I guess ^^
Can I just say that this fall was AMAZING? We haven't had that kind of fall weather for YEARS in central Europe. Usually it's just hot in summer, then it's raining for a week in September, and after that it's winter. But this year we had proper fall weather with the colored leafs and sunny days and foggy days and everything and I LOVED it. This week though, I think weather has decided to go cold for good, which is also fine by me. Cuddle weather :3 Lot's of tea and soup. Yay ^^

Okay now, thanks for reading all of this xD I hope you find some of these thing as awesome as I do. If you try anything out, please let me know what you thought about it. Also feel free to tell me your fall favorites/recommendations!
Love
T <3

2 Kommentare:

  1. OH MY ... DER PULLI !!! ❤❤❤
    ( ⊙ω⊙ ) mhhhh ~dein Musik-geschmack ist / wie immer / perfekt !

    AntwortenLöschen