Sonntag, 17. November 2013

Quick Review: Thor - The Dark World

Hey folks so the gang and I finally went to see the new Thor yesterday, which was probably a bad idea since I was already feeling sick and now I'm just staying in bed all day but I REGRET NOTHING!

Okay, Thor 2 can't really compare with Iron Man 3 which was just AMAZING, but I still thought it was pretty good.
We get Natalie Portman back, and I love her as an actress but there's a bit of a plot hole as to WHY she wasn't in "The Avengers" and how she spent her time in between the movies, but whatever.
I loved the comic relief scenes in this movie; Jane's assistant Darcey is a lot of fun and of course we get LOKI! (I gotta say I'm not exactly 100% aboard  the Loki-train that's running rampant on imgur right now, but I DO think he's an awesome character and I was glad he had an important role in this movie again, because, let's face it, Thor is pretty, but he's not very entertaining.)
The plot is pretty basic. Some evil dudes cause trouble because of an infinity stone that Jane happens to find, shit goes down. There's not much to it really. But the visuals are great, the action scenes are very nice and I gotta really say, the costume designers did a lot better than in the first Thor movie, when all the Asgardians just looked like they came from a cheap video game. Or maybe I just loved Natalie Portman wearing Asgard fashion so much, I ignored everything else in the movie xD.
I enjoyed watching it a lot, the pacing felt really nice and the story was, while not very complex, enjoyable. I definitely recommend you go see it, if you haven't already.

The only disappointment was the Collector, whom we get to see at the end (tip: Do not leave the room until after ALL the credits rolled. This is a MARVEL film, have your learned nothing?), who looks like - as Jan put it - a character that could come from "The Fifth Element". This is NOT a compliment.

Anyways, the whole thing is very exciting, I'm glad I watched it and I hope you'll be too.
If  or when you've watched it, let me know what your thoughts are and which MARVEL movie you're most pumped for in the future!
Now I'm getting pizza delivered to my bed, which is just about the best thing ever, so I'm singing off. But as always, thanks for reading and I'll talk to you soon!
Love
T <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen