Montag, 25. November 2013

"November Days" Make-Up Tutorial (also: short hair & other exciting news)

Hey peeps,

today's post is very special to me for multiple reasons. First: I have had my hair cut shorter than it has been in... at least 5 years (wow Oo), and I'll be revealing that today.
Also (and more importantly), I'm proud to announce that I am now a volunteer for the What to Wear page!
I found out by complete chance that they were looking for volunteers and I immediately applied.They answered very quickly and were super nice the whole time, and apart from their massive abuse of hashtags (;P) they seem like a bunch of very cool people. They agreed to post my make-up tutorials to their wall and also let me do some posts on fashion news and other fashion journalism and I'm just so EXCITED, I'm about to BURST!
So yeah, that's happening in my life. It's pretty awesome.
If you guys could just head over there and give the page a thumbs up, that would totally make my day <3


Okay, now let's get into the post!
Today we will be creating this look
that I have named "November Days" because the colors remind me of grey and foggy November weather. Now this is a very soft and subtle look, because it's supposed to be wearable for any occasion. I've been wearing this almost every day now, weather to Uni or out to dinner with my parents - it always seemed appropriate. Let's get started.

1. First I did my usual foundation-concealer-powder routine for preparation, and then I started off by filling in my eyebrows. Now, I haven't been doing this for long, and I'm still in doubt over weather it's needed at all (I'm just not an eyebrow kind of person...), and usually I'll do it AFTER my eye make-up is finished, so that I can better balance out the look. But since I knew what look I was going for, I was able to do my eyebrows first and get that out of the way.
Now, don't go crazy with the eyebrows, because the eye look is very soft and you don't wanna overwhelm it. I just filled in some sparse patches to give them more shape and that's all.

2. Now pick up a warm brown color (mine is shimmery, but matte would work just as well) and spread it well into your crease. Try to pick a shade that's similar to what natural shadows on your face look like, because it's supposed to have a contouring effect. I have been loving this technique lately!

3. Your main color should be a well-pigmented shimmering pale grey. Mine has a bit of a lilac/baby blue undertone which I think looks sooo precious, so if you can find one like that, definitely use it!
Apply to the center of your lids and then blend it with the brown we used before.

4. Next bring your brown color from before down and line about half of your lower lashline with it.

5. Now this step is important, brightening the inner corners! I have developed a special technique for this, since it's so easy to end up with glitter all over the place, but still not enough color pigment where you actually need it (and that just looks messy). So, here's what I do: I apply a tiny bit of LIQUID white eyeshadow right into the corner of my eye, then blend that out towards my upper and lower lashlines. Then, quickly while it's still wet, I put a very sparkly white eyeshadow over top of that to set it in place. This way, the color will be pigmented enough and the sparkle will stay in place, because it's sticking to the liquid shadow. I do this with almost every make-up look and it works great for me - no more messy corners!

6. After that, just line your upper lashline with a dark grey,

7. your waterline with white or pink,

8. and then apply mascara as you see fit.

After that all you need is some blush (don't neglect that though, you'll need some warmth in your face with all those cold colors), and maybe some lipstick. Since it's getting really cold outside by now, I tend to choose just a tinted lip balm that I can reapply over the course of the day to keep my lips moisturized.
Anyways, that's the finished look and here's some more pics for you to see more angles of it.
Also - of course - my new hairstyle! (omg!)

 SO SHORT!

 crazy eyes!
Also, the tips of my hair are this purply color right now which was not supposed to happen, but I kinda like it...
 Got a bit of weird camera focus going on here, but the make-up shows nicely.
 ...I just thought this one turned out pretty ^^
Trinception! Taking a photo in two mirrors at once! =O
I was really just playing around by then ^^

Anywho, that's all for today.
Again, please support "What to Wear" by liking their page (you're also supporting my posts!).
If you try out this look, send me pics and/or tell me how it worked out for you! Also, how do you like my short hair? =O
Well, thanks for reading and I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
T <3

[EDIT]
OOPS! Forgot to do product list ^^
Here it is: 
1. I've been over this. You know it by now xD; 2. Maybelline "Fit me!" Concealer in 15; 3. H&M blush "Autumn flower"; 4. Maybelline "Fit me!" Powder in Translucent; 5. essence brow liner in 01-black; 6. labello tinted lip balm; 7. H&M eyeshadow palette; 8. claire's eyeshadow palette; 9. Yves Rocher couleurs white liquid shadow; 10. MAJORICA MAJORICA jeweling eyes; 11. Yves Rocher couleurs liner in "blanc", 12. Yves Rocher mascara in black.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen