Mittwoch, 6. November 2013

I made dis (Frog girl)

SO. It's a busy week for this blog, huh?

Anyways, I still do "art" sometimes, even the kind that doesn't consist of fashion designs or little comicey drawings of myself during a lecture.
introducing Frog Girl a.k.a. Kaylie (cause she's not wearing a mask).
I think the last time I drew her must be like... YEARS ago. But when I sat down with my GT last night it's just turned out to be her somehow.
Seriously, she just seems to give you bedroom eyes on EVERY picture. I don't know why. It just happens.

This is really just skin shading practice that I have been dying to try out ever since I watched this video by Kienan Lafferty. (SHOUT-OUT TIME!)
So Kienan used to work for riot, doing the splash art for Champions (Ahri, Fizz, Wukong, Redeemed Riven, and many more are his work) and that's how I found his youtube channel, and now he's doing his little webshow while working on his online comic "Emma", which is amazing, go check it out! (Seriously. Go. NOW.)
Unfortunately I have only once managed to stay up long enough to watch his live stream at 4 am, but there's a video on his channel somewhere where he tries to pronounce "zwergprinzessin" xD So yeah, I'm like, a part of the community.
Please please please show him lots of love, he works so hard and he deserves more attention!

Ooooohkay, back to froggy. Now I'm not saying I'll ever be close to as good as Kienan is, but I really liked working on this and I'm pretty happy with the final thing. I know her hair looks really weird when rendered like this, but my main point was to practice skin and I think that turned out pretty damn nice. I still suck horribly at noses and lips though =/

Okay so I guess I just wanted to quickly share this pic and Kienan's channel with you guys. Please go read "Emma", you will not regret it.
Also, let me know what you think of Kaylie's skin and if you have any tips for me ;)
Thank yooooou for reading and smell ya later
Love
T <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen