Mittwoch, 31. Juli 2013

Wedding Wednesday 3/5: Nail design tutorial

It's that time of the week again! (Oops, I almost missed it!!)
Man, time's running fast.
So this week it's time for my nail design. Since I'm absolutely incapable of doing anything with my left hand, and also because I can't outshine the bride, I decided to keep it fairly simple. I do have 4 different colors that look nice in different combinations, so, again, you need to tell me your opinion to help me decide which one I'm going to wear.

All I did was add a little gradient design, which is achieved quite easily:
 Start out with a base color (I used white and pale yellow).  Then you take out a little glittery polish (gold and purple for me) and drop it on a smooth, disposable surface. 
 Then you take a cosmetic sponge to dip into the polish and carefully dab it onto your nail, to about halfway down. Make sure the layer is very thin.
Note: I didn't have a cosmetic sponge at hand so I had to use paper tissues, which DOES NOT work as well.
Then you dab on another thin layer on top of the first one, but only the tip of your nail this time. Now, It depends on the nail polish you're using if you have to make more of fewer layers. For me, with the golden one, two layers made a gradient quite nicely, but with the purple I should have maybe done 3 or 4 instead to make it more smooth.
And that's how you do the only nail design I know =D

So here's what it looks like finished. I did a gradient with both purple and golden with both base colors, and on my left hand I just used all 4 colors plain and simple to show you what that looks like.

 Numeration for easier understanding xD
Ok, I actually don't love any of the 3-6 plain ones, maybe 6, but I still prefer the gradient ones.
Namely, I plan on doing either 1b or 2b on most of my nails, and for my thumb and ringfinger use 1a or 2a respectively. BUT I don't love 2b very much, because you can't properly see the gold.OR I could just use either of those four for all my nails.
As you can see, I'm just not sure yet, so please help me by letting me know about your opinion!

Special thanks to Miri who helped me with taking the photos when both my hands were occupied ;)

Thanks for reading, guys!
Lovelovelove
Trin


Last but not least: Products I used for this post! From left to right: Essie in "3 Marshmallow", ANNY in "455 goldfinger", ANNY in "373.10 lucky surfer girl" , ciaté in "PP141 helter-skelter"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen