Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2013

Wedding Wednesday 2/5: My subtle pastel make-up + Tutorial

Welcome back to Wedding Wednesday!
I sent out emails concerning the planning of the BIG DAY to all guests just a second ago - it's drawing closer!

Today's post is about this make-up look that I chose to wear to the wedding and how I achieved it:
(all products used will be listed at the end of the post)
What I like about this is that it matches my color theme white, yellow, gold and purple; it's shimmery but still subtle enough not to upstage the bride and most importantly: it's almost 100% waterproof for those inevitable tears of happiness =D

Okay, so here's how it went down.
(First of all: Okay, I know my camera is crap, I hope to get a new one for my birthday *3*. Also don't comment on the condition of my skin, ESPECIALLY my dark circles. I KNOW. Trust me. I know.)
Step 1: At first I prepped my eyes with primer (a), then I started out with a base of a golden cream-based eyeshadow (b) on my entire lid.
Step 2: With another waterproof shadow in stick form (c) in pale lilac, I drew a little triangle shape on my outer V, then blended it out to achieve the look in picture 2. I also brought it down towards my lower lash line, which doesn't really show in the photo, but I forgot to take pictures with my eyes open - oopsies.
Step 3: I added a warm purple eyeshadow (from d), which unfortunately isn't waterproof, to the bottom center of my lid, to blend the gold and lilac together. Remember: The look is supposed to be subtle; I know you can hardly see it in the photo, but that's how it's supposed to be.
Step 4: Then I just lined my upper lash line with a dark purple color (also from d), to give my eyelashes a fuller look. I also lined the outer half of the lower line, which, again, you can't see, because I'm a big dumdum.

Anyways, that's it, basically. I just added pale pink pencil liner (e) to my waterline, which makes my eyes look bigger. White pencil works too, the pink is just a personal preference - I think it looks less harsh. Also I put on waterproof mascara (f), covered up my circles with foundation (g) (I basically use foundation as concealer these days) and slapped on some blush (h), powder (i) and my favorite lipstick (j) and BOOM, done.

Here are more pictures of the finished look from different angles:

Sorry for the crazy eyes in the last one xD

And that's what I'll be wearing for the wedding, yay! x3 I hope you like it.
Do send me pics or let me know if you tried something similar and/or used one of the products. And if you don't, whatever. Then don't.
Thanks a lot for reading anyways <3

Lovelovelove
Trin


Just like I promised; here's a list with the products:
a) some no-name primer that works great for me.
b) Maybelline  New York "color tattoo 24hr" in "05 Eternal Gold"
c) LOOK by bipa "splish splash eyeshadow stick in "Nr2 breeze"
d) Majolica Majorca "Jeweling Eyes" in I-don't-know-what-color-because-my-japanese-is-really-bad
e) YVES ROCHER couleurs "3 in 1 eye pencil" in "08 blanc" (which is a weird name for a PINK product, but what do I know right?)
f) YVES ROCHER "lash plumping mascara" you already know I love it =O
g) I know, you know.
h) GOSH "natural blush" in "43 flower power" OMG I DID NOT READ THAT NAME BEFORE NOW, I'M SO EXCITED, I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING.
i) Maybelline New York "Pure Powder" in "015 Translucent"
j) Maybelline New York "Color Sensational Popstick" in "020 Tropical Pink"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen