Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2014

CARDIGAN MANIA!

Yo, peeps!
So guys I've decided to postpone December favorites and do a double favorites post for Dec+Jan at the beginning of next month. BECAUSE there are some more pressing matters at hand!
Those being that I drove to the middle of nowhere yesterday and applied for fashion school! GAAAAH I HAVEN'T BEEN SO EXCITED SINCE...EVER!!! I'm finally coming around to getting the education that I want, which is something I could have done five years ago but I just somehow didn't and I've never regretted anything more! Now it's high time I answered my calling and got to learning about fashion and sewing!
In celebration of this I finally got over myself and I'll start doing FASHION posts here!

If you follow my facebook page, or have fanned me on lookbook, you might have noticed that I posted a series of "Cardi" looks lately.
One problem I've personally come across with a lot of fashion bloggers/youtubers: If you live in California or a place with similar climate, your summer fashion tips might be awesome, but you don't really know the first thing about ACTUAL cold weather in winter - no offense!
But where I live it does get really cold (I'm aware, of course, that there's places that get even colder) and we have to dress WARM. I recently picked up two cozy over sized cardigans from Forever 21 and I've been obsessed with them every since, so I thought they'd make a good first fashion post for this blog!
I've styled them (especially the pink one) in about 10 000 different ways by now, but here's some of my favorite looks:
About the photos: I'm not a model ok? xD I'm not even photogenic. It was hard enough to get THESE pictures without getting one where I look super derpy!
Also, I know the lighting is confusing, I kind of just did what I thought matched the individual looks best... I need to get outside and take pictures in the daylight! (JULES WHERE ARE YOU? I need you to help me again xD)
Ok, so what I learned about wearing over sized cardigans:
You wanna wear something body-hugging underneath a shapeless piece like that (good thing I love my skater skirts =D). OR, if you do wear another airy, shapeless piece like I did in look 2, try and make it something sheer or see-through and wear a tight tank top in a contrast color underneath, so that in the right light you can still see that your body has a shape underneath all this fabric. (Unfortunately, the light this picture was taken in is NOT the right one, but you get the picture xD).
 Also, pop them cuffs out! (I love you, Chriselle!) What I did with the sleeves in look 4 really brought the whole outfit together, even though the cardi itself is a total contrast color.
Speaking of colors, If you have a statementy piece like the "Ocean Cardi", try to keep the rest in natural or neutral tones, for casual everyday looks. Of course, if you want to dress it up more for a party or something, you can add another color (or some more of the same, like in look 2), to create a bold look. (Some dark lipstick can't hurt either).
Since my hair color is a pretty big accent in any outfit already, I personally like to keep colors simple and bright. My craze over pink things comes really in handy these days ;)

Sooo, those are definitely two new favorite pieces of mine, the pink one being especially dear to me.
It's important to keep warm, but who says you can't be fashionable at the same time? =D

OK, this was my first fashion post ^o^ I hope you liked it, because it will not be the last one! (Since this is what this blog was initially created for).
By the way, I'd really welcome some constructive criticism and/or tips. Do you like my posts? Are they even interesting? Which kind of post do you like the most? What would you do differently?
Like, I know I should put in more pics and less text (show, don't tell - I guess), and I'll work on that!
Let me know if there's anything!

AAAAAnyways, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!
Love,
T <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen